Annet

En webside blir nok skapt en dag. I mellomtiden kan man følge dette også på Facebook: ">Sandefjordsfolk - Historie

fredag 24. september 2010

Not all migrants are new kids on the block!

Having come to live in Sandefjord as a kid, via Sweden and Japan, I have always been seen as an immigrant,
someone slightly alien; everybody was frightfully polite about it, but it was made quite clear I was not local like
everybody else. Hence my sense of accomplishment when I found the following family in the 1762 tax
assessment (Ekstraskatt 1762: Larvik m/Langest. og Sandefj.; see www.digitalarkivet.no)


1292 45 Poul Conrad Bøckman Mand betaler for de fattige
1293 45 Maren Olsdatter Hustrue betaler for de fattige
1294 45 Abraham Bøckman Børn
1295 45 Anne Bøckman Børn
1296 45 Hana Mathiesdatter Pige
1297 45 Maren Olsdatter Andre


My enthusiasm was triggered by the surname, and a bit of elementary investigation showed that Poul Conrad
was the brother of one of my ancestors - my 8G Grandfather, no less.


Me, the new arrival, had relatives living in Sandefjord long before most of my friends!


Revenge is sweet, but the people of the village of Sandefjord are good, and I shall seek their friendship.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar